Cub Care Mentoring Program
At Larson, we want all our students to have the support they need to succeed. To help accomplish that, we have a Cub Care Mentoring Program with goals to:
- Provide role models for Cubs
- Raise aspirations and build self-esteem among Cubs
- Provide a one-on-one, supportive partnership, focused on the Cub's needs
- Create an environment that fosters a strong commitment to the Larson community
- Improve the academic performance and character development of all Cubs
- Encourage Cubs to develop to their fullest potential and create a vision of the future
In the Cub Care Program, approved volunteers have agreed to mentor a student 45 minutes per week. Their time will be spent on campus in various ways determined by your child’s teacher, the mentor and your child. This time could be spent tutoring, reading with your child, eating lunch or just playing a game or talking.
If you are interested in mentoring a Larson student, please contact the school counselor Chloe Bland. A commitment of 45 minutes per week is required. Training of each mentor is provided.
If you have a child that you would like to participate in the Cub Care Mentoring Program, please contact the school counselor Chloe Bland.